1 Day Tournament- RULESPACK
Point Limit: 2500 points
Rules and restrictions:
- Armies are to be built following the rules and restrictions outlined in the General’s Handbook: Matched Play Section (latest Version).
Only Units with a pitched battle profile in any of the following sources may be included within an army for the purposes of this tournament:
General’s Handbook: Matched Play Section (latest Version)
- Any Forge World Warscroll or Warscroll Battalion with a Pitched Battle profile.
- Shadespire miniatures and Warscrolls
THE ARMY LIST/ ROSTER
Army List Document Preparation and Submission
- Army lists are to be created using the official Warscroll Builder available here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
- Army lists are to be submitted to the organizer a week prior to the event.
The Army list/Roster should include:
Player’s Name and Surname
- Army Selected
- Total Number of Command Points
Units Entries showing all selected upgrades
PLAYING THE GAMES
Tables and Terrain
All battles will be decided on 6’x4′ tables with terrain rules and restrictions as indicated in the Latest :
the General’s Handbook
- the Core Rule Book
the Malign Sorcery Book.
Each table shall have a minimum of 6 + d3 terrain pieces which will be generated prior to the start of the event by the Organiser.
- Each Battle will need to be Completed within 2hours 30 minutes max.
The following Battle plans will be used in this Tournament:
The Battle plans will be randomly generated by the Tournament Organisers following registration and at the start of each round.
Once registration is complete; Players will be paired randomly.
Following the end of the first round, players will be paired according to the scores obtained.
Determining the Winner
Matches will be scored as follows. The criteria for obtaining a Major or Minor win are as described in the General’s Handbook:
Major Win: 20 Tournament Points
- Minor Win: 13 Tournament Points
Draw: 10 Tournament Points
- Minor Loss: 7 Tournament Points
Major Loss: 0 Tournament Points
Creativity/ Hobby Points
Since the Age of Sigmar is a multi Faceted Hobby which is not only concerned with gaming; a number of points will be distributed to players who:
- care enough to make their armies special (by painting; converting; basing etc their minis);
demonstrate positive behaviour throughout the event;
- come prepared to the event with all the tools necessary to play a game of Age of Sigmar (Rules and Books; FAQs; Measuring tools; Dice etc)
Creativity points will be distributed as follows
- Tools: TBA
At the end of the tournament; before determining, the Tournament points gathered by each player from his/her games will be summed to his scores achieved in other areas related to the hobby. The Subdivision will be as follows
- 70% Tounament Points
- 30% Creativity/Hobby points
- Horizontally – base to base – All distances will be measured using the Models’ bases as the reference point as per the Official AOS 2 Rules.
- Objectives Proximity – Distance to Objectives will be measured from the Objective’s Centre.
Line of Sight
- To determine whether a model is visible – When measuring vertically for line of sight purposes to determine whether a model is visible kindly consider the models’ head; chest; arms and legs; and Mount. Wings; weapons and banners or similar should be ignored.
- To trace visibility for ranged attacks purposes – Line of sight for ranged attacks purposes should be traced from the model’s head and chest. Wings; weapons and banners or similar should be ignored.
Miniature Selection/Proxying/ basing
- New vs Old Miniatures (Monsters – size matters!) –
- In cases where there are multiple (official – i.e. GW releases) models to represent a specific character, monster or unit, and the model size and base size do not match, the latest sizes will be considered official for all intents and purposes.
- An older model size is legal only if a newer version hasn’t been released (e.g. Keeper of secrets)
- A model must always have the correct base size. The correct base size is the base size which is included in the box with the latest version of the miniature and/or as listed in the official GW Base Chart available here.
- In the cases of players wishing to field multiple models which fall in this category (e.g. 2x Great Unclean Ones / Bloodthirstersetc.) they may do so as long as they are placed on the correct base size and the player has at least one model with the latest version available for line of sight purposes.
- In case of any queries kindly contact the event organisers prior to the event.
- Converted & Count As Models – Players wishing to include converted and/or count-as models are to post them online on the Facebook Group seeking the general approval of the Community. Models are to be posted online with enough time for the general public to vote on them an determine whether they are acceptable as replacement to the original models.
- Base Shape – All models should be represented by a Round Base. Players wishing to play with square bases must prepare base converters and attach (temporarily) them to the bases of their miniatures. Base convertors can be easily made using cardboard cutouts. Players will be awarded Tournament points for the appropriate base shape.
- Correct Base Size – All models must have the correct base size, as listed on the GW website. The correct base size is the base size which is included in the box with the latest version of the miniature and/or as listed in the official GW Base Chart available here.
- Empty Bases – Units cannot be represented by an empty base.
- Proxying Units – Given that this is the first event of a new Edition we shall be allowing players to proxy a minimum of 2 units from their army. To proxy this unit, a minimum of 1/3rd of the unit needs to be the actual model representing the unit being used. The rest of the unit can consist of similalrly sized models (so for example a unit of 30 Bestigors can be proxied as follows: 10 Bestigors 20 Gors). IMPORTANT: This rule is only being implemented for this first event given that it is a new edition and a new points limit (2.5K). The rule will be phased out in future events and replaced with the following: Proxying is not allowed. A player will be allowed to use a model instead of another only if s/he had his model approved as per the Converted & Count As Models rule above.
- Proxying Weapons – Whilst we encourage players to use WYSIWYG rule (What You See Is What You Get) for their armies players will be allowed to proxy weapons so long as the mundane/basic equipment of every unit is made clear to the opponent at the start of the game.
- At the start of the game both players agree on which set(s) of dice to be used & players may decide to use one set of dice or both.
- If your opponent feels discomfort about your dice (too big / too custom made / unreadable) then both players should agree on one set of dice to use.
- A player CANNOT deny his/her opponent the right to roll a particular dice from the player’s set.
- Rules that cause you to roll multiple dice at the same (2ds, 3d6 etc) time for example leadership tests must be thrown at the same time, dice cannot be thrown separately.
- When rolling off to determine who gets the Turn Initiative, both players need to roll the die at the same time.