- Saturday | June 30, 2018 to Saturday | August 11, 2018
- All Day
- Forbidden Power Triq Misrah il-Barrieri Msida Malta
- 00356 21 227 999
What is EDH/Commander?
EDH stands for Elder Dragon Highlander. It is also known as Commander. This is a Magic: The Gathering format variant which provides a way of encouraging casual, interactive games with a low barrier to entry while still requiring good deck building skills. It was designed to be played as a casual multiplayer format; however as is common with many other formats; the competitive level increased and 1v1 EDH play became very popular around the world; so much that multiple banlists were created. The Banlist used for this event will be the Official MTGO 1v1 Banlist issued by Wizards of the Coast
EDH/Commander Deck building
The Commander format is all about picking your hero and building a deck around them. You choose a legendary creature (or a special planeswalker or pair of legendary creatures with partner) to serve as your commander and build the rest of your deck around their color identity.
When building your MTGO 1v1 Commander Deck place the card(s) you want to use as your commander in your sideboard, and then the remaining cards in your main deck using the following rules:
- Exactly 100 cards, including your commander(s)
- Only one copy of any card, except basic lands
- All cards must be in the color identity of the commander(s)
- Cannot include any cards from the Magic Online Commander 1v1 banned list
In Magic Online Commander 1v1 matches each player begins the game with 30 life.
Some Information on the Event
Format: 1v1 EDH
Duration: 6 Weeks
Fee: EUR 7
Prize Allocation: 2 x Packs per Participant (distribution to be announced upon player registration);
• Open lists – Lists will be public once registration is complete. Lists are to be submitted to Albert Agius by not later than Wednesday 27th June – call the store for more details.
• Players cannot change cards in their decks for the duration of the league.
• No proxies allowed.
• Time per game: indefinite
• Mulligan rules: Vancouver Mulligan .
• Ban list: MTGO 1v1 Banlist
How does it work?
Players will be divided into 4 groups (or less depending on the number of participants). Players will have to play a 1v1 (best of 3) game against each other player in their group.
Should there be 4 groups; the top two players from each group will then proceed on to the next round which is a top 8 single elimination round in which they will be paired as follows:
– Group 1 1st vs Group 4 2nd
– Group 2 1st vs Group 3 2nd
– Group 3 1st vs Group 2 2nd
– Group 4 1st vs Group 1 2nd
The rest of the event (top 4 and top 2) will proceed according to the outcome of the matches.
• All Games should be played at Forbidden Power
• Games will be scored as follows: Win 3 points, Draw 1 point, Loss 0 points
• Scores will be posted publicly online on this page.