- Saturday | June 2, 2018 to Sunday | June 3, 2018
- 2:00 pm
- Forbidden Power, Triq Misrah Il barrieri, Msida
- 00356 21 227 999
Battlebond is the first MTG Set in the History of Magic the Gathering specifically designed for Two-Headed Giant play. The set is designed to be played in pairs rather than 1v1 and therefore the Preview Event will also be held as a Two-headed Giant Event.
How will this work?
- if you intend to participate, the first thing you will need to do is find a partner and register as a team of 2;
- You will be provided with six booster packs. this will be your sealed pool from which you will need to build two forty-card-minimum decks;
- You shall be provided with a wo-Headed Giant instruction sheet;
- In addition you will also recieve a two-card promo pack which you may include these cards
More information on the Event
Fee: Eur 13 Per Player
- Format: Sealed; Two-headed Giant
Prizes: Prize Pool will consist of 2x Booster packs per participant distributed as per table below
How does Two-headed Giant Format work?
The following information is quoted from the Official WOTC Website at: https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/two-headed-giant
Two-Headed Giant is a fun multiplayer format where two-player teams battle against one another. Each team takes actions as a team rather than individually. There are some rules for Two-Headed Giant that differ from other multiplayer formats:
- Each team has a shared life total that starts at 30 life.
- Each team takes their turn together, meaning they draw as a team, attack as a team, block as a team, and go through all phases of the turn as a team.
- The team that goes first skips their first draw step.
- Teams do NOT share any resources other than life–meaning players can’t share cards in hand or mana. The short way of remembering this is any reference to “you” on cards still means each individual player.
- Teams may share information and strategize together.
- The first mulligan is to seven cards, then each mulligan afterward results in one fewer card (six, five, four etc.).
A teams loses when their life total is 0 or less, when they accumulate fifteen or more poison counters, or when either team member is unable to draw a card from his or her deck. Damage and loss of life happens to individual players, and the effects are applied to the team’s shared life total. For example, once blocks are determined, any unblocked creatures are assigned to deal damage to one of the two players. Afterward, the damage is totaled and subtracted from the team life total.
Effects that read “each opponent” or “each player” affect each team member separately. For example, when Rabid Bloodsucker enters the battlefield, each player would lose 2 life—meaning each team loses 4 total life.
In Constructed, Two-Headed Giant has unified Constructed rules. This means that across the two decks, only four copies of any non-basic land card are allowed to be shared between them. In Limited, Two-Headed Giant games share a card pool. Players pool the cards they open and build decks together.
For more information on rules and formats, check out our Rules and Formats page.
Prize Distribution Chart
|Two Headed Giant (Own Decks)||Total||1st||2nd||3rd||4th|
|8 players @ EUR 13 (4 Teams)||16||10||6|
|10 players @ EUR 13 (5 Teams)||20||12||6||2|
|12 players @ EUR 13 (6 Teams)||24||14||6||2||2|
|14 players @ EUR 13 (7 Teams)||28||16||8||2||2|
|16 players @ EUR 13 (8 Teams)||32||18||8||4||2|
|18 players @ EUR 13 (9 Teams)||36||20||8||4||4|
|20 players @ EUR 13 (10 Teams)||40||22||10||4||4|
|22 players @ EUR 13 (11 Teams)||44||24||12||4||4|
|24 players @ EUR 13 (12 Teams)||48||26||12||6||4|
|26 players @ EUR 13 (13 Teams)||52||28||12||6||6|
|28 players @ EUR 13 (14 Teams)||56||30||14||6||6|
|30 players @ EUR 13 (15 Teams)||60||32||16||6||6|